Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Helping Hands Day

I had a good experience during my helping hands day for my school.  Helping hands day is a day when my school is divided into groups that perform different tasks to help contribute to the community.  I was assigned to a group that helped organize and deliver books to Africa.  My group would organize books into different categories such as science, math, literature for grades ranging from elementary school to college.  I felt as though my helping hands day was a success because I was able to make a difference in the world and I felt good about myself after I did it to.  When I looked around and I saw volunteers, people who work at the warehouse, and my peers putting away there differences and all working together for a higher cause, I was proud to have contributed to the less fortunate children in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment